BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Crap Work

Sometimes in life we have to do stuff we really don't like. We constantly have to do things that we don't want to do, but they help us either get to where we want to be, or help the things we do like to do.

Example of doing something that will help us later. Right now, I hate accounting. I hate the homework, and I really don't enjoy the learning of it. I have to take it to get into the Marketing Program at Iowa. I want to get a degree in Marketing, not because I'm so excited about marketing, but because I think it is somewhat interesting, and I think it will help me with eventually planting a church. Too many churches lack wisdom on the business side of things, and when I start a church, I don't want to be one of those churches, this is why I want to do Marketing. Unfortunately this means I have to do some stuff I really don't like to do, but it will help me get to be where I want to go.

This whole idea reminds me of worshiping God. While I was in Masters Commission I learned a lot about worship, and they taught me a lot about what it means to worship. There are two ways we worship God; when we want to, and when we don't. I am realizing, (even though I was taught it sometimes takes a living example to realize some things), that it is very important to worship God when we don't want to. Not that worship is about us, but it is much more beneficial to us when we worship even though we don't want to. It shows God our faithfulness, and it opens to door for him to change our heart to be more like His.

What are you doing that you don't like? Or what should you be doing that you are avoiding, and will help you get where you need to go?

0 comments: