BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Excited

I love facebook, twitter, and blogging. They are such sweet ways of communication. They help keep in touch and really hear what people have to say. I feel as if I am good friends with people, even if I don't really have a relationship with them, because of blogger. I check many blogs, but two of my favorites to read are Justin Dean and Mark Batterson. They are cool pastors and leaders.

Today I was reading Batterson's blog and he had an awesome post. He just wrote a new book Wild Goose Chase and it is releasing on August 19th. In this post he has a small excerpt from his book. It says:


I wonder if churches do to people what zoos do the animals. We try to tame them in the name of Christ. We remove the risk. We remove the danger. We remove the struggle. And what we end up with is a caged Christian.

Jesus didn't die on the cross to keep us safe. He died to make us dangerous. I would like to think that when I pronounce the benediction at th end of our church services, I am sending dangerous people back into their natural habitat to wreak havoc on the Enemy.

This is the Christianity I want to live for. I don't want to sit around and be peaceful all the time. Jesus caused ruckus. He pissed people off, I mean you can picture the nice calm no emotion Jesus if you want, but He did end up getting murdered for speaking the truth and stepping on some feet. What's holding you back from stepping on toes and making a splash in this world? Get out be Extreme and follow after the way Jesus lived! I'm not saying it's easy, but I'm saying we should!

1 comments:

ChantellyLace said...

i freaking love this!!!!!! it's too perfect...what was exactly going through my mind like 2 hours ago!!!!