BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Iowa State Experience



So the following is a note I wrote on Facebook on Monday, September 10, 2007. I was sitting in Parks Library at Iowa State University while sipping coffee and reflecting on my college experience to that point:

My name is Adam Kolosik. I am from North English, Iowa. I am currently a freshman at Iowa State and am majoring in Engineering, but am currently Undeclared in that field. So far I love it here at Iowa State. I have partied many times and been drunk pretty much every time I go to a party. If you're still reading and think oh yes typical college student. Well sorry I try not to be. I have failed in my life so many times. Including every weekend I've been here in Ames. Don't get me wrong the party life is a fun one, but my life in high school without it was much better. In college I have way more opportunities to reach out, be part of something, and find some people that are more like me! In high school I had a lot of friends, but no one really like me. I go to parties, but I'm not a partier. I love Jesus Christ and he loves me. I have been disappointed many time in my life and I'm well prepared for that everywhere I go. No matter how many times I fail or fall Jesus still loves me, and no matter how many times I'm disappointed I've disappointed him more, but he forgives as I ask. He love unconditionally, yet as humans we only wish to love each other this way. I've drank, failed, cheated, stolen, lied, cursed, and treated girls terribly. I'm sorry for all of this. I wish to get back to the way I used to be and be on fire for Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. He died on the cross for me, I hope I can live my life the best I possibly can for him. I will fail and I have many times before. He still loves. If you do not like me for who I've been I'm sorry, but the only thing I can do is try my best and change. My recent weeks couldn't be better described than the way Reliend K puts it in "Who I Am Hates Who I've been". If you understand any of this or have been through it, give me a message, maybe I can help or maybe you can help me. But as Christ says together with him we can do all things!


This post now is to say that I did not get right back on track after that post, but I eventually did, and have been on track for quite some time now. I still have struggles, but I have grown so much stronger through this with Christ's Love that carried me through. I started attending Heartland Assembly of God consistently and God just began to work over my heart and bring me back to him. I thank him so much for what he has done for me! Praise the Lord MY Father!

3 comments:

Sarah Brecht said...

I am thankful that HE gave me the amazing gift of you. You are teaching me more and more all the time. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...

how to watch tv on computer , watch movies from computer on tv , how to watch tv on my computer , watch tv on computer , watch tv on computer free , i watch tv on my computer , watch tv on your computer

If you have been a satellite TV subscriber for the longest time, you would be glad that there are no monthly costs involved at all. The only cost ever is the one time payment for the software which works out to less than $50 for most software versions and brands. When new programs are added, you also need not top up or pay anything extra. These are all included in the software package.
On the surface, it seems as straightforward as just using the TV as a computer monitor but that would not jive from the angle of practicality and technology. But when you view it as equipping the TV to accept transmission via the computer, it starts to make sense. Yes, large-scale TV through computer must be on the horizon.
For example, if one wants loud and blaring sounds while watching programs on the computer, then one can install good speakers. Also, another option is to hook up the computer to a projector. This is actually a really good idea because then you can project the satellite television channels onto a large wall so that everybody can watch what you are watching.
watch digital tv on computer
how to watch tv on my computer