BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

thoughts of a 19 year old single christian male

Life is not easy for anyone, those who say it is easy for are not telling the truth. A disclaimer on this post is that I'm not trying to complain or say life is harder for me. I'm just throwing it out there. Which I don't know why I am putting this disclaimer on here, 'cuz I really don't like disclaimers, but here it goes.

God has placed a LOT of beautiful and wonderful women on this Earth! This can also make things difficult in this day in age.

As a teenage guy (and just as a guy in general), I see girls and it is hard to fight back the lustful thoughts, but I do my best and pray for strength through it. Why do I try not to think these things, well multiple reasons. First because the Lord my God told me not to and I love him so much that I don't want to. Second, I think women deserve more respect than given, and should not just be looked at and lusted over as a piece of property. Third, I love my future wife (no idea who she is yet) so much that I don't want to even think about other women in such a matter. This list goes on, but I'll stop there.

It saddens me that so many teenagers have sex. I once did a paper about teenage sex, and did some researching. I found that 4 out of every 5 teens have sex. This is sad. This makes it no surprise how sexual tv and advertising has gotten. I know that I don't know how good it feels, or whatever, but I know that more happens during sex than just something that feels physically good. I know that a part of you becomes a part of the other person, no matter how young or many times they've done it. This is why I don't want to give a part of me in this way to anyone, but my future wife.

I have found a lot of awesome and very beautiful Christian girls. It never fails that after I meet them, one of the first things I do, is pray and say "God is she the one?" This happens to me all the time. I'm not asking anymore. I'm asking God help me find the one. I know I'm 19, and definitely not ready to get married, but when I find a girl that I even want to date, one of the first things I will ask myself is if I can marry her. This may sound funny to well, everyone, but it's not a joke. I don't want to mess around with the lets just have a good time while we're young attitude, as I only get one life here, and I want to spend it with the right woman.

Another note to this post is that I'm not over stressed thinking about this, or even really looking, it's just some more random thoughts that have gone through my head this last week, and felt like sharing.



0 comments: